Friday, January 8, 2010
J's Guide to 2010
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
3. Get at least 10-30 minutes of excersize in every day.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more!
7. Expand the narrow view on books and read more.
8. Pick turning on some music over turning on the TV.
9. Sleep for at least 7 hours/night.
10. Trust yourself.
11. Don't compare your life to others. Everyone is on their own unique journey. Respect yours!
12. Reign in that negative thought dog! The dog that succeeds is the one you feed the most, so feed that positive energy instead.
13. Keep your boundaries. Healthy people can not please everyone.
14. Don't take yourself too seriously.
15. Don't waste energy on gossip, either thinking about it or sharing it.
16. Dream more while you are awake and never stop!
17. Accept that you may not be where you want to be, but you're where you're supposed to be.
18. Leave the past where it belongs. Understand what you can. Learn from it, and let it be what it was.
19. Life is too short to waste time. Find meaning in each moment.
20. Count on the fact that you will underestimate yourself - and reach farther.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh whenever possible - especially at yourself.
24. You don't have to win every argument. It's okay to be at an impass.
25. Call friends and family, just to say hi.
26. Each day look for something good to compliment someone on or give thanks for.
27. Do yourself the favor of truly forgiving others.
28. Take the time to smile and listen to your elders - and your youngers!
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. Understand that what other people think of you is none of your business. You can not control their perception. Just be someone YOU can be proud of.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your loved ones will. Forge lasting relationships!
32. Do the right thing when no one is looking.
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Always be honest, with yourself and others.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change, so keep hope alive.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. Understand that the best is yet to come - and anticpate that it's on it's way!
38. Wake up early enough to ease into the day.
39. Understand your worth.
40. When you feel like wallowing, do something you don't think you can do - and be reminded of your worth!
Posted by -J.D. Humenay at 5:22 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment